Is a slight penile curvature normal?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello,

Please direct this question to "sexologist" only.
I am 30 years old male. I am healthy and do not have any diseases.
I have few questions
1) At times my testicles hang loose. This does not happen always. Sometimes they hang loose and sometimes they are firm. Is this normal?
2) My penis is also curved towards left. Will this affect my sex life in future?
3) I am usually involved in one or other sports activities such as gym, yoga, adventure activities, trekking etc. Should I wear anything apart from the brief(underwear) as innerwear? Did this cause hanging of my testicles?
4) I am getting married in few months. Since I am old fashioned, I may not engage in pre-marital sex. So are there any tests that I can take to determine my sexual health?

Hope my questions are not silly. Please help with your advise.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxxxxxx,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I Dr Ashok Kumar, sexologist read your query and understand your concerns.

My answer to your questions are as follows.

1. Yes it is completely normal. The size of scrotum (testing containing skin) depend on the external temperature. Actually if the outside temperature is high they get loose and during the cold temperature they shrink.

2. Normally almost all men have slight curvature. However if the curvature is too acute it may affect your sex life but slight curvature does not affect your sex life. To answer you precisely I request you to post images of erect penis showing the curvature.

3. No, you need to wear simple clothes like all other your routine activities. It is just a myth that testis hang excessively due to sports activities.

4. You can get your semen analysis done to determine your future potential to become father. I do not think anything else required provided you have normal erections.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.