How long should Ibuprofen and Pantoprazole be taken?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi Doctor,

As you have suggested , I will start to take Ibuprufen and Pantoprazol. before that want to check if I am in correct page.

ibuprufen 200 mg twice a day and pantoprazol twice day ..Will that work ?

Also please let me know how long I have to have the medicine before I get the relief from this chest heaviness and all

Can i have cold drinks or ice creams now or will wait for sometime to go away with these problems

Last comment from your side-
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Since your cough is subsided, no need to worry for ciprofloxacin and levocetrizine.
Take only pantoprazole and levosulperide combination, ibuprofen.
Also apply warm water pad and ice packs on affected areas.
Don't worry, you will be alright with all these.
Also get done influenza vaccine annually and pneumococcal vaccine every five yearly to prevent recurrent viral and bacterial respiratory tract infections.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Don't take cold drink and ice creams for at least 1 week.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Good to see you again. How are you?

Answer to your 1st question.

Instead of plain pantoprazole, you will be more benefitted by combination of pantoprazole and levosulperide. Take this combination twice daily on empty stomach. Take ibuprofen (200mg) twice daily after some food.

Answer to your 2nd question.

Take these for 1 week. Then only take pantoprazole and levosulperide combination as and when needed.

Answer to your 3rd question.

Better to avoid cold drink and ice cream for at least 1 week.

Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 15 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for the answer. I am more or less good.

But got some more symptoms like some muscle mild pains in arm and leg. Some muscle pain in upper back ... Not sure if these are related. It very mildly aches when stretching out

Chest heaviness and pain has reduced considerably but still there.

Please suggest if any other thing I need to do or follow. Hope this will not long last and no serious concern will come in.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry for serious illness.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
No need to worry for serious illness. You are not having any worrisome disease.
So be relax and calm.
Your muscle pain is not a big problem.
It will be solved by ibuprofen only.
Along with medicines, drink plenty of fluids orally and keep your self hydrated. Avoid stress and tension, be relax and calm.
Don't worry, you will be alright.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 9 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

I will get the same. I have got some irritation in throat and a little cough from today. Will I have Tylenol or another thing started with these medications. I have ate cold drinks and ice cream for last two days thats why I think again got some cold. Please suggest for the same.

Sorry for troubling you so much.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
No I am not disturbed at all. Infact I am happy to receive questions from my patients.
So don't worry about this.
Don't eat Ice Cream now.
Do warm water gargles 5-6 times a day. Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep your self hydrated.
Yes, you can take Tylenol as and when needed.
You can also take levocetrizine (antihistamine) for throat irritation.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

so with these things if all not settled up in one week , what do you suggest me to do?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You will mostly improve.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
Don't think negatively. You will mostly improve with suggested things.
If not improving then get back to me. You will mostly need blood reports and chest x ray. I will guide you if your symptoms persist after 1 week.