How long is the healing process after skin cancer surgery?
Caution, check for fever , opinion of surgeon in case persistence to heal
Hi and thanks for the query
I understand how disturbing this could be. The good news is that it does not appear infected. It might be worth checking more carefully if there is no pus discharge, no yellowish nor greenish discharge and the would edges are properly red. If you do not have any fever too, then the possibility of infection as you rightly put it is low.
Wound healing in this case is expected not to be as fast as in other circumstances. However, checking for signs of infection as you are doing is a good idea. I recommend you also check you blood glucose levels to exclude diabetes which can slow wound healing
I suggest patience and caution as to signs of wound infection . If this persists gator over A month with no improvement , the opinion of a surgeon might be needed. too early however to worry much.
Kind regards as I wish you the best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Healing skin cancer naturally with bakeing soda
- How to spot skin cancer
- How does skin cancer start
- How to treat skin cancer
- Remedy for itching after skin cancer surgery
- How successful is mohs micrographic surgery for treating skin cancer
- Squamous cell skin cancer surgery
- Surgery on face for skin cancer sensitive scar suggestions
- How to check for skin cancer
- Skin cancer after mastectomy