Is preputioplasty advisable to treat phimosis?
1. Is preputioplasty good way to fix my problem ( since my penis head is super sensitive at least I still have foreskin)
2. if I do get circumcised, will I eventually get used to the pain feeling of having my head XXXXXXX touched? ( if so how long)
Surgical options will cure the problem permanently
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, the pain might be due to adhesion but may also he due to infections if subcutaneous tissue or skin under the prepuce due to impacted secretions facilitate bacterial growth.
The surgical options perputiplasty or circumcision whichever will get suggested by urologist can solve problem permanently. Once the wound is healed like within 4 weeks or so, the pain will be permanently gone and you wouldn't need to get used to it permanently.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Sorry if my questions sound repeated. I'm really scared and nervous and just want to be reassured. I'm not knowledgeable with my issue and I always assume the worst case scenario. I'd really really really appreciate it if you can answer and reassure me. Thank you very much and I really really appreciate your help deeply.
Nothing much to be worried about
Hi! Thanks for the feedback and appreciation. It is usually a small surgery and doesn't have long term complication apart from usual relating to every surgical procedure like wound infection etc.
Doesn't have such implications on sexuality or any such thing which you are worried about. The pain will not be life long or something but afternwound healing resolves and usually no pain or discomfort during intercourse is left. Regards
2 FINAL questions and I'll be done, thank you for your patience
1. Since my penis XXXXXXX feels this sensitive because it's been in foreskin for so long and never exposed, is being naked and letting air hit penis gland good idea to get use to exposed gland (after circumcision)?
2. You can say how I feel when touching penis XXXXXXX is like when you touch your naked eyeball (kinda stings), once circumcised, is it good idea to fight through the pain and slowly and gradually touch penis head?
I want to be mentally prepared for what comes after circumcision given my situation. Thank you
It would be pretty normal experience
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. I suggest not to worry about the fears that you have shared. Once the worund gets healed you will feel pretty normal and body will get used to exposed glans and no sensation of air will bother you.
It's like removing a teeth or doing scaling makes the tongue feels awkward for few days in the mouth and slowly one get used to the new surroundings and never gets botherded much.
At first during healing frequent touching of glans should be avoided to avoid cross contamination or giving it some infection instead but once it gets healed completely there is no harm touching it with hand rather it will give more sensations as glans is rich in being supplied with free nerve endings. Regards
The fact that my penis has not made contact with air or touched in 25 years and pain I'm feeling now is making depressed I'm gonna be in pain like that.
My question is, have you ever treated anyone like me? If yes, can you give brief summary of what happened to the person.
I'm freaking out a little again, I want to be prepared of what's to come.
Please and thank you
The pain will settle down after the surgery wound healed
Hi! Thanks for the detailed feedback and your views. You need to stay assured that once after the surgery, and treating any local infection due to impacted secretions at this moment, the pain will settle after few weeks and the sensations of pain that you are experiencing at this moment will be gone. I have had experience of having done few circumcisions in my internship and almost all of them healed within few weeks completely and felt more better.
The touching of glans in your case to general contact or to air will not activated the sensations as much as you predict or fear from as slowly body will adopt to new touch and things will get to normal but one thing that I can assure you is that sensations of pleasure during intercourse or general stimulation will increase than now. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Savlon cream treats phimosis
- Canesten hc to treat phimosis
- Treating phimosis
- Can daktacort treat phimosis
- Is preputioplasty safe treatment for phimosis
- Treating phimosis in adults
- Effects of preputioplasty
- Sideaffects of preputioplasty
- Preputioplasty precautions
- Phimosis preputioplasty effect of steroid ointments
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?