question-icon

How effective is saw palmetto when diagnosed with prostate cancer?

Posted on Tue, 19 Jul 2016
Question: I am finishing up treatment for stage 2b Prostate Cancer (45 treatment which include 2 e-rsy a day plus 7 different angled shot each time). Iwould like to use something naturalother flomax for decreased flow. I have have used cipro as it mihght another uti with success and what about red clover or saw palmetto?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. You can use them.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear.
Welcome to HCM.

I have gone through the details provided. Saw palmetto sometimes helps in urogenital diseases and helps in shrinking the prostate gland and increases urine flow. You can use it.
However, there is no good evidence about red clover.
You must drink lots of fluids to keep adequate urine flow.

Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist