Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Heart patient. Having pain in the chest while travelling. Consultation and then heart surgery? Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
Hello Doctor.

My Father-In-Law is 65 years old. He is a heart patient and faced the attack twice. He is getting a pain in the chest when he travels. Is it advisable to go consultation and then go for the heart surgery. What is your recommendations?.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 40 minutes later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.


Well what history you have given shows that your father in law is suffering from Angina on exertion . Since he has a history of heart attack twice . It is advisable to you to urgently see a cardiologist because angina can be a warning sign of impending myocardial infarction.

Ideally you should get an ECG , 2D ECHO , TMT , Stress ECHO and if needed Coronary angiography done as will be advisable by your doctor . According to the angiography findings stent placement or CABG may be planned . Yes if your angiography reveals blockage at multiple sites surgery is definitely advisable . It is a very serious issue and you should seek medical help at earliest .

Hope you are satisfied with the answer.

Wish you good health.

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor