Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Having severe pain in abdomen after having sex multiple times. Suggest treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 2457 Questions
I am having severe pain in my last abdomen after having multiple sex sessions with my husband. Kindly suggest some treatment for immediate relief.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 27 days later
Hi ! I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

It is not usual to have so much severe pain in the abdomen even after having multiple sexual encounters with your husband. It is normal to have some discomfort with may be minor amount of pain due to uterine contractions which gets relieved of its own.

For an immediate relief, you can go for an over the counter anti spasmodic drug available in your nearby chemist shop. This should relieve your pain for the time being.

If the severity of the pain increases with some associated symptoms like vomiting, fever or loose motions, then you should report either to your family physician or in the emergency room of a nearby hospital where after clinical examination, they may give you a shot of injection for immediate relief and also intravenous fluids if need be.

Having this kind of sever pain after sexual encounter may be associated with any other pelvic problems also like a pelvic inflammatory disease, or with a history of missed period could be an unsuspected pregnancy as well.

Your treating doctor/gynaecologist may get some routine tests done like a complete blood count, a urine pregnancy test, a serum HCG, and an ultrasound abdomen to confirm/exclude any other intra abdominal problem for such severe pain.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Wishing you an early recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor