Having regular periods and cyst. Is pregnancy possible?

Dr. Monika Choudhary

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: now that it has been ruled out dat primulut doesn't prevent pregnancy...im battling with infertility and I want to have a baby. but I hv irregular menses and a cyst. is dat possible? ?
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 16 hours later
Brief Answer: you can get get pregnant if ovulation is there Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to health care magic. Primolut N does not help nor doesn't impaired the capacity to get pregnant but off course it is very helpful in regularizing your irregular periods. If the size of ovarian cyst is not very big and it is not multiple then it is not important and may not hamper the possibility of pregnancy. In favour of pregnancy you should improve your base line health first, like reducing weight, improving your hemoglobin level, improving general well-being, make a routine of regular exercises like a light aerobic exercises are very helpful and take tablet Primolut-N under consultation of a local gynecologist to regularise your periods and also get assessment for follicular study by abdominal ultrasound to get the status of ovulation in your case. If there is proper ovulation then pregnancy can occur without trouble. If you get pregnant then you should immediately consult a local gynecologist for supporting the pregnancy with natural micronised progesterone hormone supplement and Primolut-N should be stopped as soon as pregnancy is detected. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj