Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Having problems in erection of penis. Pain in right testicle. Suggest solution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2580 Questions
hi sir..
Today Morning I have noticed that my Penis is not getting erected .I have mastubating habit but i am not doing it for the past 2 weeks .today morning i have watched a porn clip and still i didnt get erecetion and from the last last night i started to have a small dragging pain near my right testicle am getting worried .please help me.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not be concerned...

Detailed Answer:

Sexual problem is one of the most commonly reported problem of young men like you. There has been myths surrounding masturbation circulating around the public and web. There is no scientific proof behind the reported claims that masturbation causes sexual problems. In fact fear and lack of education about masturbation is the real cause for all the reported side effects of masturbation.

Unfortunately, most men who complained sexual problems from masturbation are not convinced with the aforementioned facts. I wouldn't be surprised if you too do not believe so too. Therefore let me put across some simple steps to bring you out of this fear.

1. Stop masturbating or monitoring the progress of this symptom. The more closely you try to monitor, the more difficulties I will have to treat you. Make a promise to yourself that you will not try to examine if you feel better or not for the next couple of weeks.
2. Sleep well, take a break from all distressing thoughts / work. Try meditation and physical exercise.
3. Stop smoking and alcohol (if any).
4. If you develop any new systemic symptoms like problems while passing urine, fever report back to me.
5. After a week, practice keegel's exercise. Here, in this exercise, you need to try and stop urine midstream when you are passing urine. You need to pause for few seconds and then release urine... repeat this for few times.
6. 10 days later from today, check if you are able to have good erection early in the morning just as you wake up from bed.
7. If erection is not better after this protocol after 2 weeks time, you can proceed to XXXXXXX doctor for detailed evaluation / counseling.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having problems in erection of penis. Pain in right testicle. Suggest solution? 3 hours later
Hi Sir..

I had fever one week back right now i dont have any fever but am really very much worried about the slight pain in right testicle .for penis erection i will take care the steps you mentioned . but i have small pain in right testicle.please advise me
Answered by Dr. Prasad 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Feel relaxed now....

Detailed Answer:

At this point of time, I would recommend starting a pain killer. I suggest paracetamol and ibuprofen combination drugs like imol thrice a day for 2-3 days for such cases. Abstaining from masturbation and drinking plenty of fluids will also help.

If the pain worsens, I would be a bit concerned about local infections. If that happens, I urge you to visit a doctor nearby for clinical examination. Scrotal examination and urine test can be ordered for confirmation.

Most of patients with short duration dull aching testicular pain improved with increased hydration and short term pain killer management. You should also be alright very soon. Do follow other recommendations as suggested earlier.

Let me know if you need clarifications / if the pain is very severe.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having problems in erection of penis. Pain in right testicle. Suggest solution? 45 hours later
Hi Sir..

I feel like still there is dragging pain and with that am getting vomiting sensation also from today morning .Please advise me sir.this is really worrying me :(
Answered by Dr. Prasad 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get tested....

Detailed Answer:

If the annoying pain is troubling you, it is worthwhile to see a doctor and rule out infections. Scrotal infections to rule out orchitis/epididymorchitis and urine test to rule out general surgeon locally to get these done.

Vomiting may be due to pain or the effects of pain killer (if any).

Hope this helps you to faster recovery. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor