Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Having problem of headache, muscle stretch on face. CT Scan showed small polyp retention cyst. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
sir im having a promblem of headache. Muscle strectch in face. I have taken CT scan and found that small pplyp /retention cyst is seen in right maxillary sinus.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is the gold standard of treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I am sorry to hear about this sir. For your reference I shall list a few most common symptoms of the condition that is suspected, so that you can relate to them:
-Facial pain
and a few others.

Either a polyp or cyst can get complicated by an infection or grow larger and put pressure on surrounding structures resulting in more symptoms, etc. For the same reason treatment includes:
-Medications: Antibiotics and pain management medication
-Surgery plus biopsy: Excision/removal and testing of the tissue sample

Unfortunately, the mainstay or golden standard treatment for such a condition is surgical removal sir; all other medications are used only to treat the symptoms and not the cause, so I would advice you to visit your doctor (preferably a surgeon) and get yourself adequately treated sir.

For any further clarifications, information or guidance, I am always available. You can write back to me anytime.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor