Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Having painless movable lump under skin in groin area. Feeling stuffed chest and have nausea. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 2457 Questions
Hi%2C%0A%0AI have a small%2C painless%2C moveable%2C non- visible bump under the skin by some artery or vain on my right hand side of the groin. I was sick with virus like symptoms for 6 days and after %22recovering%22 now my head feels strange%2C stuffed chest feeling and nasseu. Also some pain in lower back. %0A%0AAlso%2C went go doctor a few days before feeling sick for pain in both testicles%2C pelvis%2C lower back%2C upper hamstring and lower glute. Doctor said it was bc i pulled or tirn some muscle in my glute or hamstring. %0A%0A
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 1 hour later
Hi ! I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.

A few more information about your illness will be more helpful :
1) Do you smoke and did you have any chronic cough including during the viral fever days ?
2) Do you take appropriate steps to apply proper support to your testicles/scrotum during any heavy work or jogging, or walking ?
3) Did your doctor clinically examine your inguinal areas ?
4) Are you sexually active and do you have any urinary symptoms ?
5) Do you also have fever ?

The feeling in the head may be a post viral effect, for which you may go for some steam inhalation.

For the stuffed feeling in the chest, one has to exclude post viral chest infections, for which you have to show yourself to your family physician/report to an emergency room of the nearby hospital.

The pain in the testicles may be due to inflammation/infection in the testes due to unnoticed trivial recurrent trauma caused due to improper support of the scrotum during any heavy work or due to prolonged standing. For this you have to be clinically examined by the doctor, who may advise you for a routine urine test/ culture sensitivity of the urine along with some blood tests and an ultrasound of the testes if need be. Till that you may go for some kind of good scrotal support, and an over the counter anti inflammatory drug followed by some antibiotic by the advice of the doctor.

The nature of the bump on your right side could be a swelling related to a lymph node/vessel/swollen cord or may be an inguinal hernia. This can be confirmed only by the physical examination by the doctor , and can not opined just by our discussion.

Hope I have answered your doubts upto some extent. Further information from your side would help us in reaching at the nearest approximate solution. Awaiting you reply and wishing you an early recovery. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having painless movable lump under skin in groin area. Feeling stuffed chest and have nausea. Suggest? 9 hours later
Smoke%3A no%0ACaugh%3A no%0ASupport of testicles%3A i woek out a lot but the only way i could see that i support them is a wear spandex. %0A3%29 i believe he did%0A4%29 no urinary symptoms%0A5%29 no fever%2C mom says i feel %22cool%22%0A6%29 i already had urinary test ans i was fine .
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 5 minutes later
Hi ! Thanks for your quick response.
Your query has got a lot of short terms and some kind of % marks every now and then which is confusing and not clear. Can you please write both your query and information in simple language without any abbreviations and signs so as to enable me to give you more information on your problem !!! Awaiting your reply. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor