• question-icon

Suggest treatment for left-sided back and testicular pain

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I'm 31 years old. I do have acid mild reflux. Yes, I been drinking since I was 19 and smoking. I been having left side pain by my hip it's a dull achy crampy pain. I been having lower left back pain again dull achy and crampy. I have pain in my testicular only in my left one that's dull achy crampy pain. I do not have any blood in my urine and I went to the doctor and they did a urine sample and they said it came back good. What do you think this is? What are the chances of it being serious or anything to do with the kidney such as kidney disease cancer or acute kidney problem. Should I be worried. I do have a slip disc in my lower back.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A few thoughts:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

So I have a few thoughts on reading your history:

You said that your urine test was ok, but I am thinking it also would be good to get an X-ray and/or ultrasound to check for possible urinary tract stones.

The testicular dull achy sensation can sometimes happen with an inguinal hernia. So an exam should be done too. And testicular aching can also be felt from kidney stones.

The back aching may be from the slipped disc but could also be from these other problems I mentioned above.

So I think you should be evaluated further. However I wouldn't suspect cancer as other things are more common.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 15 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. Do you think it can be from kidney problems or not really? I know you can't give a definite answer but just off of what I said do you think it's serious or not so serious where I shouldn't be so worried now.
Also I do have that same feeling on my left side by my hip as well
Sorry last response this has be going on for 2-4 weeks and it just comes and goes the achy pain some days I don't have it other days I do in all areas and like today it's just in my testicular
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
further information

Detailed Answer:
Yes, it could be your kidney, but I doubt it is not necessarily somethings serious. To know what is going on, you will need a physical exam, and most likely some imaging studies.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh