Having pain under breast. What is the treatment?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: for many years off and on, I get a pain under my left breast that gets worse if I bend forward. I don't have it often. Doesn't last long, I have had it last evening during the night and today. What is in there that could be hurting?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You need proper clinical exam and investigations Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Ultrasound of abdomen,Upper GI endoscopy ,ECG in all leads,Further investigations may be done if needed. There may be various causes for your problem.It may be due to cardiac,gastrointestinal or musculoskeletal causes. Treatment can be done after proper clinical examination and investigations reports. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
I have told my dr about this and she is not concerned, as I have had it off and on some times months between and never last more than a day or two? I first started having it in my 20s and I am now 70. guess it's not serious, just would like to know what it could be Thank you but you didn't help me get an idea as to what it could be.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to muscular spasm. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query Yes, it is not serious at all. But you are 70 years old and you definitely need these investigations because your age is prone to several diseases and it needs periodic screening. From history,it seems that it is related to muscular spasm resulting from unaccustomed position. Final conclusion can only be derived from examination and investigation reports. You should continue taking antihypertensives and medicines for hypothyroidism. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX