Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Having fever. Gave Crocin DS. No improvement. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1964
Answered : 246 Questions
My daughter is having fever since yesterday night, we are give Crocin DS , but the temperature is coming down ..most of the time the temp is 101. We feel more temperature on her eyes , palms and legs..Should I take her to hospital or I can wait till tomorrow morning..? Will appreciate your quick help..
Thanks a lot in advance !!
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Sorry for the delay in answering your query.

The history of runny nose and fever of 24 hours duration with no other symtoms like irritability, vomiting, drowsyness any skin rash give me impression of upper Respiratory tract infecton(URTI) which is caused by

I consider better for you to continue with Paracetamol syrup(Crocin) 500mg three times daily, along with electrol or Diarolite powder dissolving XXXXXXX in 300ml of boiled and cooled water repeatedly.

Dehydration can raise body temp in children.You can buy those over the counter. You can tepid sponge her to take the temperature down. But if you notice any change of condition please take her to the hospital. I think that will not be necessary. I wish your daughter recovers quickly.

Kindest regards,
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having fever. Gave Crocin DS. No improvement. What can be done? 9 hours later
Thanks a lot Dr. XXXXXXX for your advice !! Now my daughter is better. Only little cough and throat infection is there, hope she will be ok in 2-3 days..

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 3 hours later

I am very happy to know that your daughter is getting better. I am sure she will be better in 2-3 days but do not hesitate to contact the Pediatrician or us if her condition deteriorates. But I don't think that will be necessary.

Kindest regards

Dr. S.K.Mukherjee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor