Having cough, throat pain and sweating. Suggest treatment

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi Doctor, From past few months I am sufferin g from cold. symptoms- cough, throat pain, Lazyness, sweating
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Seasonal allergy perhaps... Detailed Answer: Hi, If you have fever during each of those episodes, then it is a case of flu infection. Since you haven't reported fever, this is most likely due to seasonal allergy. Nevertheless a few nasal condition such as sinusitis can mimick seasonal allergy. Therefore it is worthwhile to consult an ENT surgeon during the acute episode and confirm the cause. Treatment will be based on the case of recurrent episode. Please note that most often treatment will be aimed at preventing symptoms (which may sometimes be only partially effective). We can discuss further after ENT consultation. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards