Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

195 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having burning sensation at tip of penis while urinating. Is it STD?

Answered by
Dr. Anshul Varshney

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 3072 Questions

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello, I'm a 21 year old male and im very nervous I think I have an std, yesterday when I was at work I went to bathroom and peed, it felt a little weird but I didn't think anything of it. Today I went for my morning pee and thought I was gonna die. The last time I had sex was friday morning, I read about symptoms of stds but I don't have anything just a burn at the tip when I urinate. Im very scared.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Simply Get Tested! Detailed Answer: Dear Friend.. There is no point in worrying and being terrified all the time. Since you have read already about the symptoms of STD, and you didn't find any one in you, i would simply ask you if you had any unprotected sex or sex with high risk person like a prostitute. Do you have any rash or discharge? You said that you have just burning at the tip when you urinate, there can be many causes for this. You might be having a urinary tract infection or might be a stone in your ureter. Just consume plenty of water and notice if the burning subsides. If still it persists or you develop fever or any pain in abdomen / flanks, meet your doctor for investigations. Now coming to your main concern, that you think you have an STD. Its so easy to get rid of this concern, you can simply go to a Hospital, they have departments which confidentially deal and test for these issues. Its always better to be sure! Isn't it? So, get tested. And specially if you had a high risk sexual exposure. I hope i am able to answer your queries. Still, you want to ask any thing more, i am here. Play Safe , Stay Healthy Dr Anshul Varshney
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Sexually transmitted disease

doctor1 MD

hello i have pain after urination, weak urine stream and trouble releasing all urine from bladder. also feel some stillin tubes. slight pain during ejaculation. burning worse at night but starting to be more frequent threw day. had this about 3 weeks with bad burning so i went in after 3 weeks of trying to drink lots of water bc i thought it was a urinary track infection since my wife gets them alot. after 3 weeks wheni took pee test i was tested postitive for clamitia, but my wife who i had unprotected sex with the whole 3 weeks with symtoms came out negative for everythiig and got full paps and swab done, when i returned for 2nd test after meds i could alrdy feel it comeing back, but test came up negative for all stds. whats wrong? its becomeing more difficult to pass urine, more frequent burning the burning is like it pulsates from groin area when it does burn not a steady burn. it can hurt more when flexing that area or moving postions in bed. 26 years old 6 foot 140p ptsd and depression from iraq

doctor1 MD

before 8 months i had a sexual contact with prostitute girl without condam, and after 15 days i had pain in my panis and headche to till today.but i did HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases of blood test 2 times nothing can be found,so here iam wondering for good suggestion,can you help me?

doctor1 MD

I had unprotected oral sex with a girl I met at a party 5 days ago. She performed fellatio on me. The very next day I had a slight burning sensation at the tip of my penis. This got much worse the next day and so I sought out a doctor who suggested it was likely a fungal infection of the urethra caused by an infection in the girls mouth. I am booked to have an STD check after two weeks have elapsed just to check if it s something like chlamydia or gonorrhea. The burning sensation is nearly gone after two days of anti fungal medication and I have had no burning while peeling or discharge and my urine is clear. Does the diagnosis sound correct to you? Thanks

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...hi, I have an issue with my penis, during sex it becomes very sensitive, and more so after I ejaculate that I cannot continue which you can understand is rather frustrating. I have not had any sti or stds my wife has had an std before however she is regularly checked and I have been since. Please help as this is causing problems

doctor1 MD

can you get std or hiv from putting your finger up a vergina for 30 seconds , and the quick on the finger was a bit red from were i bit the finger nail no blood at all. thanks

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The other night I received a lap dance. I had my underwear on as well as her. There was allot of friction back and forth where my genital area touched hers, but with both our underwear on. I even rubbed her a little bit and then touched...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, My exposure date - 22nd Dec 2016 - Kissing , touching cheeks , neck of girl of unknown hiv or std s status. - Nude bath in shower and kissing her while bathing and touched her vagina from hand.No Fingering inside. - Sucked and licked...