Having burning sensation at tip of penis while urinating. Is it STD?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello, I'm a 21 year old male and im very nervous I think I have an std, yesterday when I was at work I went to bathroom and peed, it felt a little weird but I didn't think anything of it. Today I went for my morning pee and thought I was gonna die. The last time I had sex was friday morning, I read about symptoms of stds but I don't have anything just a burn at the tip when I urinate. Im very scared.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Simply Get Tested! Detailed Answer: Dear Friend.. There is no point in worrying and being terrified all the time. Since you have read already about the symptoms of STD, and you didn't find any one in you, i would simply ask you if you had any unprotected sex or sex with high risk person like a prostitute. Do you have any rash or discharge? You said that you have just burning at the tip when you urinate, there can be many causes for this. You might be having a urinary tract infection or might be a stone in your ureter. Just consume plenty of water and notice if the burning subsides. If still it persists or you develop fever or any pain in abdomen / flanks, meet your doctor for investigations. Now coming to your main concern, that you think you have an STD. Its so easy to get rid of this concern, you can simply go to a Hospital, they have departments which confidentially deal and test for these issues. Its always better to be sure! Isn't it? So, get tested. And specially if you had a high risk sexual exposure. I hope i am able to answer your queries. Still, you want to ask any thing more, i am here. Play Safe , Stay Healthy Dr Anshul Varshney
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj