Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have the shakes and skin hurts, body feels numb. Taking Advil. Any other treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1851 Questions
I have the shakes and my skin hurts. I have taken advil for a week, body feels numb
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
• 21 year old female
• Known case of Anemia and vitamin D deficiency
• Complaints of: body shakes, numbness and pain in skin.

You case is interesting and but difficult too but I will try to give my best effort to help you in this problem.

Considering all your complaints together I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
• Vitamin deficiency: Vitamins deficiency can cause above symptoms and anemia. Get serum B12 level. Start multi vitamins with vitamin D as they are easily available.
• Diabetes: Get your fasting blood sugar level done.
• Stress, Anxiety or Depressive disorder: it need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist. All your complaints can occur in these conditions. Vitamin deficiency and Anemia also increases chances of developing above problems. Daily jogging and aerobics help in some mild cases.
• Side effect of substance use: Stop use if any

In your case multiple problem can co exist to cause above symptoms which need evaluation and management as mentioned above.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor