Suggest treatment for breathing problem in a person with mitral valve prolapse
Then the Pulmonary special who said I did not have COPD nor Asthama. He did not know the answer and suggested I lose weight. I have lost some weight but still have the problem. I bring up mucus and it is clear. Never yellow. Sometimes it's just a small amount and other times a XXXXXXX amount.
Recently I had a chest Xray and was told I have fluid in one of my lungs it is just a small amount. I have a prolapsed mitral valve for most of my life. I just turned 81, am female and eat a healthy diet. I am limited as to walking because I get out of breath quickly. On the other side I don't have a problem when I am sitting down and reading etc, or if I am driving my car. Even around the house if I try to do some work I last only about 10 minutes and I have to sit down and catch my breath. Help!!!
You need to increse working threshold.
Welcome to HCM.
I am Dr Rakesh Sharma answering your query.
I can understand your concern.
If you heart and lung functions are within normal limits then there are following possibilities,
1. Anemia. If there should be corrected. Drink plenty of water.
2. Avitaminosis. Take Multivitamin supplements.
3. Upper gastric problem like acidity or gas.Should be treated with Nexium and if reflux then add domperidon empty stomach.
If constipated take mild laxatives.
4.Stemina.or threshold of work or walking.Which can be increased by constantly increasing one's walking ability.You need not do it at a go, please gradually increase it even you are breathless for about 2 to 3 minutes per week.You will feel the difference in about 2 to 3 weeks time.
5.Steam inhalation for any mucus or other secreations.It will facilitate easy removal and lungs ready for more oxygen.
If your first 3 points are achieved you will find 4th one very easy to do.
Please also feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mitral valve prolapse and viagra
- Ayurvedic treatment on mitral valve prolapse
- Coffee and mitral valve prolapse problems
- Mitral valve prolapse treatment options
- Mitral valve prolapse hemorrhoid
- Treatment and cure for Mitral valve prolapse
- What do you suggest for mitral valve prolapse
- Suggest medication for mitral valve prolapse
- Ayurvedic treatment to manage mitral valve prolapse
- Mitral valve prolapse anemia
- What causes internal itching all over body?
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory tract infection
- Suggest treatment for looping of colon
- What causes pain in shoulders and joints?
- Suggest treatment for chronic insomnia
- What causes vomiting after consuming P-125 for fever?
- Suggest treatment for tinea cruris
- What causes discomfort in sternum on exertion?
- What causes extreme fatigue with fluctuating blood pressure level?
- What causes nausea, swelling in legs and fatigue in someone with high BP?