Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Have small bulging behind vaginal opening. Prominent after intercourse or passing urine. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Doctor i've a small bulging of the size of peanut just behind vaginal opening on the left side for the past six months.But no pain.if i lie-down it is not is more prominent after intercourse washing or after passing urine when i wash.what to do.please help.
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Its impossible to make a definite diagnosis without examination. But the main possibility here is a cystic lesion. It could be a Bartholin's cyst or Gartner's duct cyst. Now, Most cysts may get infected and cause some pain,but long standing ones may not.You should see a doctor to examination.Its important that an examination be done to rule out any possibility of malignant growth. Though its unlikely,its important that it be the first thing thats ruled out. Cysts are generally harmless unless there is formation of abscess which may cause complication. Sit in a tub of hot water with betadine solution twice a day. maintain good hygiene. Intercourse may be painful due to friction so avoid if you have to.And do see a doctor so that the diagnosis can be confirmed.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor