Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have scanty periods. Has a family history of scanty periods. Pregnancy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
Hi,I am 29 years old.I have facing some problems with my periods.They come every mont,h in mostly 25-30 day cycle.But my problem is that they have become scanty now.Initially I had a good flow,and noe specially after marriage (i.e almost two and a half years),they have become very less,just about two days and that too scanty.My husband and I are planning to start a family,so I am a littele worried on this.I have not shown myself yet to any gynae for this.
Also I would like to mention that in my family my Mom and elder sister have always had less flow,specially my sister.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 40 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Normal menstrual period range between 2 to 7 days, hence 2 days is jot abnormal. What is worrying me is your flow, which is reduced. I feel you should undergo few investigations to conclude everything is normal:
Serum FSH(follicular stimulating hormone),LH (leutinizing hormone), Thyroid function tests and serum prolactin levels.
Scan pelvis- to rule out any uterus pathology, endometrial thickness.
Most importantly- your husband semen analysis.
tubal patency test: HSG-hysterosalpingogram
All these tests are easy to do, not time consuming and you will get the reports very fast.
After analyzing your reports, if everything is normal you can be given tablets for Ovulation induction.Kindly consult your OBGY specialist for prescription.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor