Have painless lump on labia majora. How to get rid of these lumps?

Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I have small (0.5 cm) lumps/bumps on my labia majora all down one side and a few on the other. I have had them for years I cannot even remember when they first showed up. They aren't painful and never change and never spread. They don't sound like anything else and just wondering if they should be checked out. They cause no pain at all. and they have no head, or puss inside as you can't squeeze them as only slightly raised.Just to look at you can see them.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 40 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
I noted your past history & doubt there is any relevance to what you now allude to.
These spots are most likely what we label as Fox Fordyce's spots & are absolutely benign growths & may be left alone. Any intervention would be purely for cosmetic reasons & would require the services of a dermatologist competent with the use of lasers & dermatology surgery. Trust this was to the point & does help you on your way forward in making an informed deciscion. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD