Have itchy vagina with red blood spots all over. How to get cured?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Its been 4 months since there has been some problem with the area around my vagina.. at first it was unbearably itching in the area and skin started to turn black.. and it started to spread all over now I can c it is bleeding all over and also as puss in it its not bleeding heavily but there are red blood spot allover I am unable to understand what exactly this thing is.. and why its been there for so long.. it should have gone by now but its spreading and causing more problem.. help me cure this disease
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later

According to your description the possibilities are:
-Vaginal infection, more possibly yeast infection.
When you scratch the itchy area that can lead to development of abrasions with bleeding. When they get infected pus will form.
-Contact dermatitis: it can occur due to allergic reaction for soaps, detergents, vaginal tampons etc.
It can also cause itching and that can leading to further symptoms.

So you consult gynecologist as early as possible and get examined to find out the possible cause for your problem and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
It is impossible to visit doctor atleast for 1 more month what measures can I take for not letting it grow further and prevent it from getting more infected is it possible to totally cure this thing?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

As the problem is severe now, better to consult doctor as early as possible.
You can follow measures like:
Broad spectrum anti fungal and antibiotic cream like vagmycin vaginal cream or bc-zole or beclocid etc. can be used with your doctor's advice.
Don't use disinfectants to clean the local genital area. Use only XXXXXXX warm water.
Prefer cotton inner wear.
Avoid harsh soaps, detergents etc.
Avoid bubble baths, bikini wax etc.
Take healthy nutritious diet and plenty of water.
Don't starch the area.
Check for blood glucose levels and for any other possible causes of immunodeficiency once.

With early and proper treatment this can be cured.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 hours later
I still doubt if its yeast infection as its all over my inner thighs and it is itching and bleeding there.. and skin all around my thighs as turned black... is there any chance of it being something else other than yeast infection.. because its on my thighs and now started bleeding and as formed puss in it.. I cannot even walk properly it is very uncomfortable and painfull.. plz tell me some immediate measures an not afford going to doctor at the moment.. I avoid wearing any Inner wear and leave it just open at night.. is it good. PLZ HELP ME.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
I can understand your problem, but I can only tell the possibilities according to your description. Only by clinical examination the exact nature of the lesions can be made out.
When immunodeficiency state is there, the symptoms of infection will exaggerate.
So better to get tested for immunodeficiency.
Better to take the help of your family members or well wishers in consulting the doctor. As it is appearing as a serious condition don't delay.
You can take analgesics to get relief from pain.
You can take sitz bath with disinfectant added XXXXXXX warm water. Means take one tub of XXXXXXX warm water add some disinfectant like dettol and sit in it. The water should cover all your lesions. This can give temporary relief.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW html?filters[term]=sitz%20bath&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=9
Better to follow the measures I told previously. We cannot expect immediate healing in case of skin lesions.
Yes, you can leave the area open.