Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

150 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have itchy vagina with red blood spots all over. How to get cured?

Answered by
Dr. Sree Gouri SR


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 5162 Questions

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Its been 4 months since there has been some problem with the area around my vagina.. at first it was unbearably itching in the area and skin started to turn black.. and it started to spread all over now I can c it is bleeding all over and also as puss in it its not bleeding heavily but there are red blood spot allover I am unable to understand what exactly this thing is.. and why its been there for so long.. it should have gone by now but its spreading and causing more problem.. help me cure this disease
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

According to your description the possibilities are:
-Vaginal infection, more possibly yeast infection.
When you scratch the itchy area that can lead to development of abrasions with bleeding. When they get infected pus will form.
-Contact dermatitis: it can occur due to allergic reaction for soaps, detergents, vaginal tampons etc.
It can also cause itching and that can leading to further symptoms.

So you consult gynecologist as early as possible and get examined to find out the possible cause for your problem and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
It is impossible to visit doctor atleast for 1 more month what measures can I take for not letting it grow further and prevent it from getting more infected is it possible to totally cure this thing?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

As the problem is severe now, better to consult doctor as early as possible.
You can follow measures like:
Broad spectrum anti fungal and antibiotic cream like vagmycin vaginal cream or bc-zole or beclocid etc. can be used with your doctor's advice.
Don't use disinfectants to clean the local genital area. Use only XXXXXXX warm water.
Prefer cotton inner wear.
Avoid harsh soaps, detergents etc.
Avoid bubble baths, bikini wax etc.
Take healthy nutritious diet and plenty of water.
Don't starch the area.
Check for blood glucose levels and for any other possible causes of immunodeficiency once.

With early and proper treatment this can be cured.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 hours later
I still doubt if its yeast infection as its all over my inner thighs and it is itching and bleeding there.. and skin all around my thighs as turned black... is there any chance of it being something else other than yeast infection.. because its on my thighs and now started bleeding and as formed puss in it.. I cannot even walk properly it is very uncomfortable and painfull.. plz tell me some immediate measures an not afford going to doctor at the moment.. I avoid wearing any Inner wear and leave it just open at night.. is it good. PLZ HELP ME.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
I can understand your problem, but I can only tell the possibilities according to your description. Only by clinical examination the exact nature of the lesions can be made out.
When immunodeficiency state is there, the symptoms of infection will exaggerate.
So better to get tested for immunodeficiency.
Better to take the help of your family members or well wishers in consulting the doctor. As it is appearing as a serious condition don't delay.
You can take analgesics to get relief from pain.
You can take sitz bath with disinfectant added XXXXXXX warm water. Means take one tub of XXXXXXX warm water add some disinfectant like dettol and sit in it. The water should cover all your lesions. This can give temporary relief.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW html?filters[term]=sitz%20bath&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=9
Better to follow the measures I told previously. We cannot expect immediate healing in case of skin lesions.
Yes, you can leave the area open.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Vaginitis

doctor1 MD

I have had horrible pains inserting a tampon. It also happens sometimes during sex. It doesn't happen every time, but it seems to be getting worse over the years. what could this be?

I am 29, 5'4", 123 lbs. I have had 3 major surgeries. First was for lazy eye when I was 2, then corrective jaw surgery at 15 or 16. Then at 23 I had an emergency c-section in childbirth. Throughout my adolescence, I had unexplained headaches and was prescribed random medications for them that I don't remember helping. I was diagnosed with gastreonitis as a young teenager and I've had problems with this my entire life. I was told I had acute scoliosis as a child. I used to get UTI's all the time. I've had vaginitis a few times. I have recently discovered that I have an ingroinal hernia. I've always bulged a little in that area every once in a while as far back as I can remember, but after childbirth it kept getting bigger and bigger and now is uncomfortable and is out most of the time unless I'm laying down.

doctor1 MD

Hi a few weeks ago the outside of my vagina was really itchy, so I scratched it and then I noticed there was some blood. So I thought I burst a spot or something. Now that area looks like a blister but without the bubble on top it’s the same...

doctor1 MD

I don't believe I have an STD , recently, my vagina (don't know the proper term) but where my hole is had a lot of irritation, when I woke it hurts or when I pee it then burns and I have to XXXXXXX it with toilet paper to reduce the pain, no odor,...

doctor1 MD

I am 10 weeks pregnant. I was on susten 400mg vaginal suppositries for the past 2 months. I am having vaginal burning, inflammation and itchiness. It burns specially after passing urine. Kindly suggest what to do?

doctor1 MD

Hi I want to know if I have herpes
I have been fingered by 3 guys, all whom i presume did not have herpes (but I can't be sure). I am currently with my boyfriend, and he has had no previous sexual partners. We have had genital to genital contact and both have no symptoms of herpes and it has been 8 months since I was fingered by somebody other than my boyfriend. I get occassional itching in my pubic area, having had a yeast infection before, in other instances where i have noticed itching i have applied a hydrozole cream and it has gone away with a day or 2.

doctor1 MD

I ve recently been experiencing abdominal boosting/cramping not period related paired w/ a foul vaginal/ urine smell, there is no itching or burning or odd discharge . In the past I ve had persistent bacterial/ yeast infectios but these symptoms seem different. My husband has also recenty been experiencing tenderness/redness on his penis lasting over a week and this is worrisome. About a month ago we participated in a MFF threesome and we are concerned we may have caught an STD? HELP

doctor1 MD

I am visiting my family in Iowa and I won t be home in Texas until June 5th. I went to urgent care for what turned out to be vaginitis not yeast, not bacteria. I am 65 and I haven t had any problems like this in 16 years. From my a urine sample the physician s assistant said the lab saw a little blood, a little sugar, and a lot of white blood cells. I take Methylphenidate 20 mg. and Citalopram 20 mg. I also take Crestor 10 mg. Do any of these meds effect the kidneys? I drank a glass of wine last Thursday. But I don t mix alcohol with these meds.