Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have high triglycerides, uric acid, cholestrol and indirect bilirubin with pus cell in urine. Medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
i have high triglycerides, uric acid,high LDl VHDl cholestrol and high indirect bilirubin and pus cell in urin therefore i want your suggetion as medication and specialist to be contacted. In which organ the baseline problem exist. i am a 42 yr male,pure Vegetarian,non alcoholic, weight 85 kg, non diebetic do not smoke Has serun Chl.254,triglycerides 254,HD 52,VLDL 50,LDL 152, total lipid 758, Total bilirubin 1.08, Direct Bili.0.35, indirect bilirubin 0.73, SGOT 41,SGPT 49,protein 7.1, urine shows albubimin -trace,pus cell-2-3, EP cell 1-2,haematology shows Eosihophils 07 and uric acid 7.6 .. please suggest shall i contact gatroentrologist, nephrologist or a heart specialist.
Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Thanks for sharing your concern.

You have basically high level of Cholesterol and Triglycerides, Your HDL is 52 which is good cholesterol is desirable.

Your Liver functions are only mildly deranged and there is possibility that you have Fatty liver which can be easily detected on Ultrasonography feel you should get one.

You should contact an XXXXXXX medicine Specialist or a Cardiologist for proper advice.

You have a weight of 85 kg are you overweight? Please let me know your height.
You should take care of diet 25 Kcal/kg body weight and avoid excessive fat and high calories in the diet.

Regular exercise 4-5 km walk daily will help greatly.

You require Lipid lowering drugs a Statin and Fibrate combination, which you should take after consultation with the cardiologist.

Your Urine abnormality may be due to UTI and can be treated with proper antibiotics. Please take plenty of fluids. The uric acid level also may be repeated after 2 months and then we can assess if it requires any drug therapy.

With lifestyle changes and medicines you can reduce weight and repeat Lipid profile after 2 months.

Hope this information helps you if you have any further query, I will be happy to answer that.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor