Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have fungal infection in the vagina. How can I treat this at home?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 3013 Questions
I think I have mold in the vagina from an old toilet when I moved in 2009. How can I treat this at home. I don't have any health insurance.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
Firstly it is very uncommon to have a fungal infection for such a long period of time(4years) but since you are diabetic there is high chances of fungal mould.
Unfotunately home treatments definitely not work. Diabetic are immuno compromised most often and they have varied drug resistance to common drugs and the germs are tricky to treat.
In my opinion you should consult a doctor first to establish the diagnosis because chances of allergy or STD(sexually transmitted disease) also rule out. If you pay cash a lot of clinics give you a discount of 50 to 70%. Call the nearest doctor offices and inquire if you they discount the doctor fee. You can search on the internet for such clinics near your area which offer cash discounts.
Though I am not comfortable, here are my options as home remedies for treatment are-
1) You can apply pro-biotic plain yogurt on the vaginal wall.
2) Maintain proper vaginal hygiene, use only plain water for washing(don't use soap, tampon, powder, perfume and synthetic clothing).
3)You can use garlic and tea-tree oil.
4) You can use an antifungal cream for local application.
5) You have to maintain your sugar level strictly because it may increase fungal infection.
6) Don't use bread or alcohol.
If your symptoms do not subside after doing all above mentioned method kindly consult a gynaecologist immediately because it may be something else.
Hope I have answered your query If you have further questions I will be happy to help.
Dr. Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor