Have cold and pimples all over body. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Infections
Question: I have pimples over parts of my body, along gums, throat, tongue, aching muscles in both legs from ankle up to buttocks, sometimes cold sometimes sweating to point of being soaked (night sweats).
Also pain in lower arms below elbow, and sometimes above elbow
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The presence of pimples all over your body is suggestive of superficial skin infection. The cause of aching muscles might be a recent viral infection which you might have suffered in the recent past. The night sweats can be the result of weakness arising out of such an infection.
Night sweats and cold sweats can indicate an under-active thyroid - this is the gland that regulates our metabolism.You need to get his thyroid levels checked.
Another common reason is environmental factors, such as too many covers or heavy pajamas.
I would advise you first take some B complex supplements to watch for any relief.
If problem persists then get yourself evaluated by your physician for specific treatment of the infection you might be having.
Pain killers might bring some symptomatic relief from aches.
Please do not worry, avoid stress, smoking, caffeine and alcohol to have better relief.
Also try to include a mild exercise schedule like yoga in your daily lifestyle.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.