Have bronchitis and an anal wart. Indication of having HIV?

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I just had brocities after and x XXXXXXX done and also infected with and anal wart ... Does both of this have to do with hiv ???
I had protect sex all the time ... How did I get anal wart
How long anal wart will take to go away with
Medication such as cream and pill?
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 8 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Having bronchitis and an anal wart are NOT specific symptoms or indicators of HIV.
Bronchitis is usually caused due to an infection in the respiratory tract and can occur in anyone.

Regarding the anal wart, these are caused due to infection with a virus called Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Now, HPV infection is very common (more in women) and more than 50 % of sexually active women have had HPV at some point of time. This virus spreads primarily through sexual contact, but can also spread through skin to skin contact through the hands, mouth, etc. Most cases of HPV infections are asymptomatic and harmless, and gets cleared on its own. However some people can develop symptoms like warts. Having an anal wart is again not a symptom of HIV.

Anal warts respond to anti-wart creams and other medication and it may take a few weeks to subside. However, with such superficial treatments, there is a tendency to reccur. A definitive cure for this is only with ablative procedures like laser or chemical ablation or surgical excision.

I hope I have clarified your doubts.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Follow up: Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 24 minutes later
Thanks Doc for the above explanation ...
Can anal wart and bro cities cough will come back again after I been cured ?
Should I do a follow up on both..
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 14 hours later
Hello again,

Bronchitis can recur in a few people, if they have history of asthma or allergies or in smokers. If you don't have any of these risk factors, then it is unlikely to come back.

Regarding the anal wart, it has a high chance of recurring, but if ablative or surgical procedures are done to eradicate it, then the chances are less.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Follow up: Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 17 days later
Hi doc...

I also having some white color all over my penis head when I pull down the skin
But when is wash it it goes away but next day it still appear

What is this ?

Is this a hiv sign ? As I did had oral without condom and also sex but with condom on

I already did the nexus hiv blood home kit
3 times and my result show negative all the time ...

Is std is the same as hiv ?
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 17 hours later

There are two possibilities for the white colour on your penis head. One is that it could be "smegma", which is a normal accumulation of dead epithelial cells and oily secretions from the glands of the penis. The second possibility could be a fungal infection (balanitis), which is causing the whitish discharge. Both are not signs of HIV.

For both, the treatment primarily involves maintaining proper genital hygiene. In addition you can try the following remedial measures:

- Wash the area thrice a day with either dilute potassium permanganage solution (potassium permanganate crystals should be available at your local pharmacy, which you can mix half a teaspoon in half 1 litre of water) or you can also use diluted betadine solution (betadine will be availabe in all pharmacies)

- After washing and patting dry with a clean cloth, apply a thin layer of an anti-fungal cream like miconazole (Micoderm) or clotrimazole (Candid), twice a day over the affected areas.

- Keep the surrounding areas clean, sweat-free and dry.

- Avoid using any strongly perfumed soap or shower gels.

- Avoid wearing tight clothing and wear loose cotton underwear

Now, regarding your question about STD and HIV, STD stands for sexually transmitted diseases. There are many sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea, syphillis, etc. and HIV is one of the sexually transmitted diseases. Any test for HIV will be conclusive only after 3 months of from the time of unprotected sex. This is because the test may not always be able to detect the virus before this period (called "window period"). So, if you have done the HIV tests after 3 months of the unprotected sexual exposure, then it is confirmed that you don't have HIV. If not, then you will have to repeat the test after this 3 months window period.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Follow up: Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Thanks doc

As for the hiv test I did it on nexus home kit after 7 months of after I had sex
But proctected sex only oral sex without condom

Do I still need take the test again as I did the test after 7 month period only
As I had proctected sex with condom
Oral only without condom ..

I never had any flu, fever, or other sign

Expect for cough which I taken a x XXXXXXX and it due to brocities and you have confirm this has nothing to do with hiv.

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 20 hours later

If you have done the HIV tests after 7 months of exposure, and you have not had any unprotected sex inbetween, then you don't have to worry at all and it is not necessary to repeat the test again.

But, in the future you have to be careful because even oral sex without a condom is risky. Last time you have been lucky and not contracted any infection. So, hereafter, please follow safe sex practices strictly at all times.

Right now, you can stop worrying about HIV and relax...

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Follow up: Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 22 hours later
Hi doc

Thanks for all

Just to confirm my tongue look normal pink
And clean
But at the end of the troth the tongue look a bit white
Is it normal that it a bit white at end of the troth ?

I even showed it to a doc he said its normal?
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 9 hours later

A slight white coating, especially at the basal end is absolutely normal and is present in everyone. It is not indicative of any disease or medical condition. So, you really don't have to worry about this at all.

Take care and wish you good health.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar