Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have been dizzy after having intercourse. Got my tube tied. What could be the reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Ive been dizzy and dhaky the last couple days and today me and my boyfriend had sex and i started bleeding after. Now im sore in my abdomen. But the bleeding stopped. I cant be pregnant because i had my tubes tied 7.5 years sgo and im only 32 years old
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later

Thanks for submitting your worry to health care magic.

Post coital (post sex) bleeding is usually important to evaluated. A lesion of the cervix could cause this. But classically, a clinical evaluation and a pap smear must be done after post coital bleeding to exclude a cervical abnormality (malignancy).

The fact that your tubes your tied does not exclude 100 % chances of getting pregnant. There still exist slim chances of getting pregnant, very slim chances though.

I would suggest you XXXXXXX your gynecologist for a proper clinical examination, a pregnancy test and a pap smear.

Hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Do not hesitate for any questions if need be.

Thanks and best regards.
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor