Had upper hip pain and inflammation. Suffer from shortness of breath. Done with CBC test. Suggest medication

Dr. Namala Bharadwaj

Posted on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: I had submitted my CBC test result .. I requested the doctor to analysis my report and provide me suggestion on medication if any required or any further test required
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
any history further investigation might be needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear
Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX
I understand your concern.

I have gone through your reports.
These values of blood reports are slightly abnormal.
It would also be better if you can answer some of my questions such as:
- what were your complaints and duration of those problems ? ( I would like to know the reason why the tests were performed)
- any medical and surgical history other than you have provided above.
- history of hypertension and diabetes.
- any recent infections.

There is no need to panic and the values are not grossly abnormal especially if you do not have any symptoms.

Other investigation and medication might be required if you have any significant history.

Any further information you can ask me in follow up query.
Direct question at
WWW.WWWW.WW Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 16 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Greetings for the day!

Thanks for the prompt and detailed response. Please find below my answers to your questions.

I have undergone this medical check as part of Pre-employment medical fitness certificate. My complaints are, I wish to know why the Hemoglobin, WBC headcount are above the normal range and the reason for low Lymphocyte.

Now am 38yrs. At the age of 22 i had undergone treatment for epilepsy for 6 yrs continuous medication ( Tegratol 200 MG )

- history of hypertension and diabetes.

NO diabetes . Hypertension - what is this mean ??

- any recent infections.
No.

Hope i have answered all your questions. Please let me know if you need any more details.

Please provide me a detailed answer/reply.

thanks
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
no need to worry if no symptoms .

Detailed Answer:
Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX

I have gone through your history. These tests were performed as part of fitness without any complaints . These lab values are marginally raised. All other lab values are within normal range only.

Hemoglobin is not grossly abnormal in your case , its just marginally raised. Some reference values consider hemoglobin in male to be 17.2 in that case your in normal limits only.

Raised WBC with decreased lymphocytes occur in infections, thats why in history I asked you about any recent infection.
There is no need to worry because no clinical symptoms or infection.

Any further information you can ask me.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D