Had protected sex, Doppler scan showed bilateral varicoceles, scrotum discomfort. What is the simple way to treat varicoceles?
Thanks for writing in.
It is very common to have asymptomatic varicocele. Treatment for varicocele is only required if they cause incapacitating pain or poor quality of semen. You need to get your semen analysis done.
Varicocele does not affect the sexual health in any way. The only treatment available for varicocele is either surgery or embolization. Homeopathic medicines or yoga do not help.
I do not think you need further testing for sexually transmitted infections.
Hope this helps. I will be available for follow ups.
Many thanks for the replies.
What is embolization? How effective is it?
How different is it from Surgery?
If i do intend to have a surgery what are the chances that the surgery is successful.
Coz i read some articles where they said surgery is not guranteed success in most of cases, is it true?
Embolization is done by expert interventional radiologist. A coil is placed into the draining vessel by radiologist and the varicocele is blocked.
The success rate of embolization as well as surgery is almost 95%. However, the pain has to be incapacitating because surgery by itself also leads to some pain.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scan shows bilateral diffuse fibroadenosis curable
- Diagnosed with bilateral varicocele can it be cured with homeopathy
- Varicocele saggy scrotum
- Should i go for surgery to cure bilateral varicocele
- What is scrotum
- Is ozone therapy and lllt recommended for recurring varicocele bilateral
- Home remedies bilateral varicocele treatment
- Scrotum varicocele hernia
- Ct scan shows dark spots on bilateral kidneys
- Bilateral varicocele