Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Had polyps removed from colon and have pain radiating to muscle under rib cage. Cause and Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1524 Questions
I have just had 6 polys removed from colon and have pain that radiates to my right side muscle under rib cage now the doctor stated I have a sluggish colon. what is causing my muscle pain to right muscle in back
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 18 minutes later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Pain on right side under ribs may be because of pathology in liver, gallbladder, colon, lung, billiary tract, or stomach. So please describe your symptoms in detail. For ex: duration of pain, whether it is continous or intermittent, severe or mild, any associated feature like jaundice or fever, whether pain has any relation with intake of food or any bowel movement etc.

However I also want to know what was the histopatholgy report of the polyp removed.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had polyps removed from colon and have pain radiating to muscle under rib cage. Cause and Treatment? 21 minutes later
biopsy of polyps and large intestine,colon, liver enzymes are okay and cat scan showed nothing, ct with out contrast. everything was benign. blood work and urine fine I did have some calcium in urine
I have bad night sweats and I was using the bathroom fine prior to surgery which is weird.pain started in march but it took till XXXXXXX 24 before md sent me to gi doctor.i do not have any fever pain comes and goes
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Hello! Pain appears to orignate from intestine only may be due to dysmotility as your doctor said or oit may be acid peptic disease.

So I will advise you to take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole and a prokinetic agent like itopride. Also mild antispasmodic like tablet mebeverine

Hope your symptoms will be relieved. Remain in touch
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor