Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for chronic ankle pain

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 5163 Questions
Hello Doctor
I am suffering with ankle pain in area of calcaneal since 2 years and its worse at the morning time, after long time sitting, other sports activities
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Plantar fascitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

You seem to be suffering from Plantar fascitis.

Usually Microcellular rubber footwear and silicone inserts in the shoes under the heel.

Perform plantar fascia and calf muscle stretching exercises with the help of a Physiotherapist.

Exercise regularly to avoid obesity which can make plantar fascitis worse.

Take Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Rabeprazole twice a day for 5 days before meals.

If the problem isn't reducing inspite of all these measures, do get Xray of the calcaneum to look for excess bone which may need surgery to remove.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.


Dr.Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for chronic ankle pain 5 minutes later
Thank You Dr XXXXXXX for your diagnosis and medicine I will follow up you....
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you. Do follow up on your progress

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. Do follow up on your progress.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor