Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Had miscarriage. Detected with bilateral cysts. Suffer abdominal pain. On norglen tablet. Anemic. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
hello dr... i am a 27 years old female, had a miscarriage recently . and now detected with bilateral cysts. i suffer from pain in lower left abdomen,specially when i skip meals....and the pain goes away with trips to the loo. my miscarriage happened in may,4 weeks pregnant ,which was a natural abortion. my periods have been pretty much regular through out my life other than when i was pregnant. i had two normal periods after that .my lmp was on 11th aug,but on 26th aug i started bleeding again. i got an ultra sound done,which revealed 8 mm thick endometrium and 46 mm thick cyst in left ovary and 26 mm thick cyst in the right ovary. after that i have not had any periods till now. my doctor has put me on norglen tablet which i have been taking for the past 15 days. my bowel movement is still little irregular. i used to skip meals a lot in the past and the pain in lower left abdomen starts if i miss my meals now...that gets resolved only after using the loo. the pain is rythmic . i am anemic and my leucocytes were pretty high in july month. pl help. i am devastated.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ovarian cyst

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Your problems need to be categorized in 2 parts . First the diagnosis of ovarian cyst needs to be addressed . The ultrasound shows one large cyst on each ovary . 46mm and 26mm each . This would qualify as solitary ovarian cyst. The treatment for ovarian cyst can be either medical or surgical . Normally any cyst larger than 5cm needs to be removed surgically. Less than that can be treated medically . In your case medical management can be tried . At least 3-6 months treatment with oral contraceptive pills is recommended . After that follow up with another Ultrasound scan .

To address the second problem you have, it seems to be gastro enterological . You are at risk of developing peptic ulcers . You need to make some diet and lifestyle changes . Ensure your meals are regular . Avoid caffeine and alcohol . Start iron supplements if your Hemoglobin is less than 10. If your total leucocyte count is high there is infection some where in your body . That could be gastro enterological related also. But repeat the test if all you have is a test from July .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor