Getting night sweats, tiredness and excess sweating while doing physical work. Nervous system problem?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi, I am a 70 yr old female.With trouble sweating especially doing any physcial work - nothing to hard just activity. also night sweats and just in general resting. Had all the test and I am in pretty good health.any thought would be appreciated.I can have a extreme sweat and I am totally exhausted.These sweats can have my head totally drenched. I will be tired from the sweats. I have been some better since the predisione. But I can feel heat starting and then the sweats. I am wondering about my nervous system if this cAn be the problem. I have a good life. > doesn't make sense, except it is very annoying and at time delbating. I feel tired. some days are better than others.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Your History suggests you are suffering from Hot flushes and sweating secondary to Menopause. Kindly don't worry as it is not a disease and almost every woman of your age experiences this.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that he/she may examine you and rule out what exactly is causing your Symptoms and Many effective treatments are available, from lifestyle adjustments to hormone therapy or low dose antidepressants, if the symptoms get severe.

The fatigue you experience might be due to anemia and will take a few weeks of iron therapy before it resolves
Please do not worry, avoid stress, smoking, caffeine and alcohol to have better relief.
Also try to include a mild exercise schedule like yoga in your daily lifestyle.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.