Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Getting continuous periods. Prescribed trapic 500 mg and texakind 500 mg. Suggest good gynaecologist

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
The query is related to my Fiancee. She had her periods on 1st of July, but the bleeding hasn't stopped untill today (20th July) . It's 20 days and the flow is also quite more.

She visited a doctor. Below is the initial analysis(Not sure if I have got the spelling right)
O/E not pale, OOS/RS/PA Normal
OVG Ut Ns, e thin endometrium,
Ovaries mild PCOD

Upon doctor suggestion, she has tried the below tables which did not help much.
Both are Tranexamic Acid tablets
1. Trapic 500 mg
2. Texakind 500 mg

Please suggest solution and any good gynecologist in Bangalore.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Tranexamic Acid exhibits anti hemorrhagic effect by inhibiting activity of plasmin.

As your fiancee bleeding is not controlled with Tranexamic Acid tablets, she will require examination and some tests like testing blood for hormon level, thyroid function, Pap smear, endometrial biopsy and USG etc. depending upon findings on examination.

There are many causes of prolonged menstrual bleeding like uterine fibroid, endometrial hyperplasia, bleeding disorder, thyroid problem, infection, uterine polyp, ovarian cyst, cancer etc.

Please consult an experienced Gynecologist of your area at your earliest. We can not recommend name of any Gynecologist.

With good wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor