Feeling pain in back while breathing. Looking for proper diagnosis

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hello. I have been having breathing issues. I breathe normal enough. But when I yawn or take a big breathe I sometimes can't complete it. This has been happening for 2-3 weeks. Also when if I lay on my side, laying on my left side where heart is at, if I try tbreathe XXXXXXX or yawn, I feel pain in my back. I thought it was a flake so I tried 2 more times and there is pain there for sure. I'm going to schedule an appointment with a lung specialist, however I wanted your professional opinion. Also I should note that I've been to the ER twice and they say that I'm breathing at 100%. Left chest area/ under armpit area has pinching feeling but no lumps or clots or pain. Just pinching.
They did say that my heart needed more oxygen. I hope you can help doc.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 23 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,

It appears that you are over anxious about your health. Your symptoms do`nt seem to fit in any disease complex. However before we say that there is nothing wrong with you, i would suggest thst you at least get a routine blood test like Hb, TLC, DLC, ESR and AEC done. Also get a chest x XXXXXXX ECG and PFT done to rule out any major heart and lung problem.Your chest pain appears to be muscular in nature or some time a small peripheral nerve may be getting irritated, which is not a cause for concern. It`s good that you have schedueled an appointment with a pulmonologist who will examine you in detail and guide you accordingly.