Feeling nauseous, slight pressure in nose and getting noise in head. What are the risks?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: i have a screeching/ chincking noise in my head quite frequently, it mainly occurs in the morrnings and I have to avoid sudden movenments. It goes "chinck"/ "chinck" quite loudly.I also feel nausous and a slight pressure in my nose. It usually waers off by the evening i find it difficult to to concentrate and cope with. I am 70years, female,and have medication for depression -venaxx xl 75mg and pravastatin 20mg and aspirin 75mg after blood clots
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned one.
Do you have tears and running nose during headache?
Is there any aggravating or relieving factors?

At least 15-20 types of headache have been defined and exact diagnosis is made on the basis of symptoms defined by patients.
Presence of pulsatile headache (chinck"/ "chinck as defined by you), nausea and slight pressure in nose (may called as "aura") is suggestive of migraine.
Migraine is the most common type of headache and may or may not be associated with XXXXXXX
Migraine gets worsen by exposure to light and noise.
Tears and running nose is associated with tension headache and cluster headache.
At times migraine and other type of headache may be simultaneously present.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough neurological check up.
You should also go for CT/ MRI scan imaging of brain, complete blood count and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR).

As such there is no correlation between mentioned symptoms and medicines.
You should avoid tea, coffee and chocolates.
Take sound sleep; migraine gets worsen by lack of proper sleep.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava