Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

177 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Ask a Urologist   »  

Dry and itchy penis head. Should I get treated for yeast infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
about two weeks ago my boyfriend said the head of his penis felt raw which he thought was from masturbating. he was putting vaseline oil on it which i told him not to and to use neosporin. it scabed up to about a quater size scab. we had sex a couple days after the scab appeared. about 4-5 days later i started showing symptoms of a yeast infection. ( burning sensation, red swollen itchy, symptoms i have had once before and went to the doctors and they told me it was infact an outer yest infection) no scabs blisters or anything like that. after the scab healed he pulled the scab off and for a couple days said his penis was dry and itchy. he has been putting lotion on his penis and now has one clear watery skin colored blistered right where the scab was and nothing else. he said there his no pain but it does itch. we have been together for 4 years and neither of us have ever had symptoms of a std. should he be treating himself for a yeast infection.
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
Thanks for your orderly narration which makes my job easy.
Base on the details given by you, it is suggestive of yeast infection.
Topical antifungal ointments should do the trick.
Of course, in the long run, needs good hygiene.
Hope this answers our query,
Kindly get back for doubts if any,
Best Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Dry and itchy penis head. Should I get treated for yeast infection? 53 minutes later
the blister looks full with clear liquid in it I read online that XXXXXXX cider vinegar baths help along with the miconazole cream I'm wondering though should he pop the blister to release the fluid or let it do it on his own
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
Welcome back.
Popping up may lead to bacterial infection. So , it is better not to.
Miconazole is the anti fungal ointment i had mentioned and please use it for atleast a week.
I am sorry to write that i am not aware of the other one, it sound like a natural product though.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist