Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Does internal hemorroid or anal fissure cause lower back pain?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 1561 Questions
Can a person have lower back pain with an internal hemorroid or anal fissure?
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes.Low back pain may present Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Yes, the person with internal hemorrhoid or anal fissure can have lower back pain due to many reasons like 1. infection. If infected you require antibiotic therapy. 2. pain radiating from the fissure site 3. Constipation. Since you have constipation this may aggravate the pain at fissure sits or the grade of hemorrhoids and also low back pain. So need to correct this along with some of the measures I have explained below. 1. Increase fiber in diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. 2. Drink plenty of water. 3. You can have stool softener. Soft stool means very less pain and faster healing of the fissure. 4. For relief you can sit in warm water in shallow tub 2-3 times a day called Sitz bath. 5. Topical application of Xylocaine gel will work for reducing pain. 6. But the definitive cure is surgery to widen the opening to prevent tightness of the anal sphincter or to remove the hemorrhoids.. Along with the above measures do regular low back stretching exercises and straight leg raising with NSAID like Ibuprofen and a muscle relaxant like tizanidine. These will help in faster pain relieving of low back. Hope this information helps you.Feel free to ask if any further related query and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor