Does intake of iron supplements help in increasing blood count in body?
green leafy vegs typically, chicken liver, clams, oysters, nuts
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Blood loss results in low iron levels because of the majority of the body's iron is found in the red blood cells, it plays an important role in hemoglobin production.
Hemoglobin is the part of the red blood cell that is responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the body.
As a result, replacing iron content would help with increasing the levels of hemoglobin, thereby increasing the oxygen carrying ability of the blood.
In addition to the supplements, using foods with high iron levels- (1)green leafy vegetables ( eg spinach, swiss chard)
(2) beef, chicken liver if she is not a vegetarian
(6)seeds such as squash and pumpkin seeds
(8)white beans, lentils
Beets are nutritious and good to use typically but are not generally used to help with iron replacement.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Diverticulitis is the diagnosis?
Also, if the patient is 87 years old?
no major changes
With diverticular disease, treatment involves a high fiber diet. This can include nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables, oats and other whole grains.
Some of these are mentioned as it relates to iron levels-nuts, seeds, certain vegetables
In terms of her age, there is not changes in the recommended foods/drinks.
Please feel free to ask anything else
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is a normal iron blood count
- Will taking iron tablets increase blood count in 2 weeks
- Ways to increase blood count
- White blood count increase
- Iron supplements and body odor
- Iron blood count levels 113
- Injection to increase blood count
- Shot to increase blood count
- Supplements to raise white blood count
- Iron deficiency anemia blood count
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...