What is Diverticular disease?
Diverticular disease, also known as diverticulosis, is the presence of outpouchings (diverticulae) in the gastrointestinal tract, most frequently in the colon. They are seen in elderly persons whose diet is low in fibre. Infection of colonic diverticulae results in diverticulis which presents as right lower quadrant pain and guarding. Diverticulae can also be a cause of lower GI bleed (malena).
Questions and answers on "Diverticular disease"
Health resources related to Diverticular disease
- Treatment and cure for diverticular disease
- Have diverticular disease suggest best diet
- Small bowel diverticular disease
- Best diet to prevent diverticular disease
- The links between diverticular disease and diet
- Suggest treatment for diverticular disease
- Diverticular disease gp notebook
- Diverticular disease is it alcohol related
- Diverticular disease contagious or non
- Sigmoid colectomy for diverticular disease