Does Vertin cause dry cough?

General Surgeon
Question
vertin 8mg once a day may cause dry cough ? patient is alwayes use blood pressure medicine
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
vertin unlikely cause

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Vertin 8mg daily once is unlikely to cause dry cough. But most of routinely used anti hypertensive(high bp) drugs likely cause dry cough.

I would like to know which blood pressure medicine she is taking and from how many days to tell exactly that is the cause or not.

Waiting for your answer.

Dr.Deepika Patil

Follow-up: Does Vertin cause dry cough? 10 hours later
atenolol 50 mg od ,nicardia retard 20 mg bd, ecosprin av 75 mg od, trika plus half at night is given above 20 years

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
atenolol and nicardia may cause

Detailed Answer:

Atenolol and nicardia on long term use are known to cause dry cough as side effect.

Ecosprin and trika unlikely to cause dry cough.

I would suggest you to consult your physician to rule out other cause of dry cough like upper respiratory tract infection and modify the antihypertensive drugs accordingly.

Hope I have been helpful . If no further queries are there then you may close the discussion and rate the response .

Dr.Deepika Patil