How long can I retain a 153/100 Blood Pressure and be safe ?

How long can I retain a 153/100 Blood Pressure and be safe? And...? My blood pressure is 153/100 and has been like that since my Dr. visit a few months ago (my last dr visit before that was 3 years ago). How long is it safe for my bp to be this high? My dr didn t prescribe any meds, although in his office my bp was 154/95. He also said that I needed to lose weight and eat less salt. I m 5 5 and 169 lbs My other question is, if my weight has any a lot to do with my bp being high would I be able to take a diet pill. A few years ago I was on phentermine 37.5mg and had dramatic weight loss within two months (then had a baby, and packed on some weight) so I thought If I got on the pills I could loose weight quickly and lower by bp. Thanks
Wed, 20 Jul 2011