What causes headache along with altered sensorium and hypertension?

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Stroke
Question: We are wondering if my husband may have had a small stroke. Taken to the er with confusion loss of balance extremely high BP and migraine type headache. His BP meds have been adjusted but now his behavior has shifted. Very aggressive argumentative depressed. Big fatigue.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get brain imaging done

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Headache with altered sensorium and hypertension needs to be evaluated for stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage or meningitis.
Brain imaging is advisable.
Regular follow up under a neurologist is must.
Continue medications as attached in image.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng