Does Ponstel for menstrual cramps have any effect on future pregnancy?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I have pcos my period came today with so much pain so I took ponsteel 500mg .. It's my first day and when I went back to check I had no more pain but very little period blood !!! Can this effect my chance of conniving this cycle as Iam planing an iui
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A baseline scan advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I would like to recommend a pregnancy test and in case negative then nothing to worry as it happens in some cycle.
But since you are planning an IUI in this cycle you should get a baseline scan tomorrow to confirm complete shedding of endometrial lining and then start the medicine prescribed for IUI.
I'm basically an infertility specialist so you can discuss anything anytime, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 27 minutes later
What is that scan? I am not pregnant i have been trying to concieve for 6 months now but no sucess last cycle i had an iui but also no sucess so last cycle i decided to stay clean and not take any treatment. So today was my first day of my period and i had very wild cramping that i could not support XXXXXXX took ponsteel 500 mg .. The cramps ate now gone completely but as incheck there is no bleeding like the morning so this made me worry if i took the right descision. I planned an iui this cycle and i want to to succed so does this medicine effect anything? Also what is the scan you said because tomorrow i will go for an ultrasound with my doctor .. Can you also explain to me further details about my case .. Is iui favorable in my case
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do a pregnancy test

Detailed Answer:
IUI has very good results in PCOD.
Baselibe scan is the same as your gynecologist has called you for ultrasound scan.
In this we basically see the adequacy of shedding of endometrial lining so that it can regenerate anew.
Pregnancy can occur spontaneously also even if you have not taken any treatment so since you have had scanty periods a pregnancy test is mandatory.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 20 minutes later
I did and its negative.. My question is can ponsteel effect me in anyway to not concieve or make it harder?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can start IUI treatment

Detailed Answer:
No dear no such effects on conception at all.
You can very well opt for IUI this cycle if your Baseline ultrasound is normal.
All the best.