Does Lisinopril interact with Citalopram and Carvedilol?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am a farmer who often is exposed to various chemicals as well as have been a long time medication and tobacco user as well as have been a heavy consumer of alcohol and junk foods in the past and I am wanting to do an herbal liver cleanse for the previous reasonings. My question and concern is; if I do the cleanse to release and excrete the toxic build-up of medications and various chemicals, am I going to experience the effects of the medications as they make their way from my body which I would assume could cause results such as an overdose? I am currently on carvedilol, lisinopril and citalopram which are a beta blocker, an ace inhibitor and an anti depressant. Also if you have any further advice on internally cleansing the body in a way that would be safe for me it would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide some tests reports you have

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Before telling the best liver cleanse therapy, I need to have the reports of some of the lab tests you might have carried out:

- complete blood count
- urine analysis
- liver/kidney/pancreas function tests
- total protein
- hepatitis tests
- abdominal ultrasound

I need to evaluate the changes first and decide for best cleansing methods apart changes in diet and lifestyle regimen.

All the best.
Dr.Albana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 9 hours later
I have had no tests performed to evaluate any of these things in the recent past. My doctor had performed basic tests to check my liver and kidney function about six to eight years ago to be sure my organs could handle the before mentioned medications. My doctor has not made mention of any concern of me having any liver issues but I just would like to perform a cleanse to prevent any issues in the future. I no longer have record of the results of those tests.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

I am sorry for the late reply due to my XXXXXXX clinical overload.

It could be great if you could repeat the tests now as the one you had 8 years ago are too far back. They won't give the full picture of your current health problems.

The best liver detox elements include antioxidants like vit..C, A, E,B and milk thistle dandelion root supplements for at least 3 months.

All the best.
Dr.Albana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana