Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain radiating to pelvic region, have IBS. Something I can do?

Hi, I suffer from pain in the lower and middle part of my stomach . It becomes a lot more pronounced when I opsuh down on my stomach. Pain regularly radiates into my pelvic region. I have been diagnosed IBS and was on antidepressants to control the spasms. But this pain just never stops. Is there somethinh I can say to my doctor to assist him in diagnosing me? Thank you,
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
May 2015
Brief answer
Acid peptic disease

Detailed answer

thanks for placing your query om HMC, i read your Question. i think i would be able to help you
1. i would like further details to help you better your age frequency of symptoms
2. abdominal pain which relieves on defecation is considered most common symptom in patients with IBS
3. i would suggest my patient anti acidity medication like tab pantoperazole 40 mg once daily and with that dietary fiber (like ishabgol ) to regulate intestinal motility
4.i would suggest you to have plenty of fruits, vegetables and dietary fiber in your diet
5. do not skip your meal
6. you can ask your doctor about anti acidity medicines and colonoscopy

i hope this information will help you, please feel free to contact us for any further assistance
warm regards
Answered: Sat, 24 Jan 2015
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor