Is Risperidone effective at treating irritation after diagnosis of arthritis?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have had arthritis for thirty years, I am just starting to grunt and groan at the smallest irritation
over any annoyance and walking, 73 years, I have tried green tea to calm my self down, I cant
get into a calm peaceful state of mind, I used to be able to reach meditation but cant now. I am
wondering about tranquilizers such as resperidone, I don't want to use Narcotics.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
The irritation and annoyance that you are facing can be related to anxiety and depression. A mild antianxiety drug without day time sedation or an anti depressant will help in reducing its problem. Risperidone can also help. But you need a proper evaluation and prescriptions by a psychiatrist for that.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal