Does Ferrous Sulfate cause kidney disease?
I was very tired and since my iron was low that is why he gave me this
medication The last blood test no showed my irin to be a bit cloudy, ha
been that way for some time XXXX
Take more water and do renal functions tests
Hi! Welcome to health care magic!
Iron oral replacement tablets are usually available as ferrous sulphate tablets and these have recognised side effects of dark color urine and that is due to drugs renal clearance. It has not been known to cause direct renal damage as it is even given to the patients of renal disease and anemia due to chronic renal disease. In few cases where any anaphylactic or allergic reaction is observed or shock like symptoms appear only then renal output is decreased but doesn't seem to be an issue in your case. In any case stop the drug as it can wait for few days and not an urgent life saving drug, and drink plenty of water to flush it out of the system and get Renal functions tests as soon as possible preferably alongwith urinannalysis.
Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask, else kindly close the discussion. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Medullary kidney disease causes
- Hereditary kidney disease causes
- Genetic kidney disease causes
- Diabetic kidney disease causes
- Obstructive kidney disease causes
- Fetal kidney disease causes
- Main causes of kidney disease
- Hypertensive kidney disease causes
- Kidney diseases that cause dehydration
- Major causes of kidney disease