Diet and exercise to reduce ESR level?

Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA

Oncologist

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: what fruits and vegetables i can use to reduce my ESR level as it is very high
also my LDL/HDL RATIO IS LESS -1.78, RDW-15.5 and TC/HDL ratio is 2.84. Please suggest me what natrual food and execersice i can follow to keep that to normal
Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 11 minutes later

You can use the following:

- avocados
- cruciferous vegetables
- carrots
- peppers
- raspberries
- citrus fruit
- grapes
- XXXXXXX
- mushrooms
- tomatoes
- soy products
- sweet potatoes
- omega-3 fatty acids, found in the oil of fatty fish
- olive oil
- nuts
- figs and flax
- spices such as XXXXXXX garlic and turmeric.

If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD
Follow up: Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 5 minutes later
Thanks for your quick reply.
How about my LDL/HDL RATIO IS LESS -1.78,
RDW-15.5
and TC/HDL ratio is 2.84.
Please suggest me how to keep that to normal
Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 3 days later

I apologize for the delayed response.

The diet suggested above in my earlier reply is taking all your parameters into consideration. It is useful both in hematological conditions of increased RDW / ESR as well as in dyslipidemia (abnormal lipid profile values).

In addition do consider healthy exercises to maintain ideal body weight. Cardioexercise such as brisk walking, jogging, treadmill, cycling and swimming are good list of exercise to follow. I hope you do not suffer with any cardiac disease where such exercises are contraindicated.

Hope this clarifies.

Good luck!!