Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better medication?
Thank you for the query.
An endocrinologist will typically recommend levothyroxine. This is a prescription medication that is the scientifically sound way to replace the deficient hormone in the human body.
Please consult your endocrinologist for a prescription for the same.
The ideal dose varies from person to person and a blood test for TSH in a laboratory is extremely useful in determining the appropriate dose.
Armor thyroid and other such formulations are deemed unsafe by the endocrine fraternity. The position of endocrinologists in this regard is well summarized on this weblink WWW.WWWW.WW
Armor and compounded thyroid preparations have variable and often unregulated amounts of thyroid hormones which can potentially have detrimental effects.
It is helpful to adhere to one brand of levothyroxine as much as possible, for consistency sake.
Hope I have answered your query completely. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Armour thyroid and anxiety
- Armour thyroid side effects
- Armour thyroid and lightheadedness
- Armour thyroid weight loss
- Armour thyroid hot flashes
- Ginkgo biloba and armour thyroid
- Oxyelite pro and armour thyroid
- Drugs/medication for diagnosed with hypothyroid
- Armour thyroid and sudafed
- Oxyelite reviews, armour thyroid
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...